Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bogle Pinot Noir

For my first entry, I wanted something somewhat familiar, but new.  I recently opened a 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon from Bogle, which I really enjoyed.  I obtained that one as part of a wine club with Simply Wine.  So, as I wandered the wine selection at Wal-Mart (obviously, I do not care where I purchase wine if I'm looking for something under $10), the Bogle Pinot Noir jumped out at me.  The other Bogle's were slightly over $10 ($10.95-$12), but this one fit the bill at $8.95.

I do not typically like my reds this "young."  It seems to me, the reds need to spend more time aging.  I think this one would have been better with a few more years, however, I did enjoy it.  Smooth and silky, a slight floral smell was the first thing I noticed.  The color was a deep opaque red.

This was an enjoyable Friday evening wine, and went along wonderfully with the pizza and movie night.  [I'm still working on my rating system.]

Winemaker's notes: 
 
For our 2010 Pinot Noir, Bogle winemakers have again sourced fruit from the best growing regions in California for the varietal. The terriors of the cool Russian River Valley, coastal Monterey hills and the unique Clarksburg Delta all grow fruit of character and distinction. Combined, the resulting wine is nuanced, elegant and classically Pinot Noir.

Deeply garnet in color, radiant floral notes perfume the nose, leaving quite a first impression. Silky and smooth on the palate, the wine resonates with wild raspberries and rustic mint. Bright berry and cola tones trip alongside subtle lavender and vanilla, left behind by the impression of our French and American oak barrels. The delicate tannins create a refined, yet lingering finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment