Tuesday, June 25, 2013

El Cortijillo Tempranillo La Mancha

"Dark ruby. Red berry and cherry aromas are complemented by subtle pepper and spice. Juicy and seamless, offering plum, raspberry and cherry flavors and good, straightforward appeal. Finishes smooth and spicy, leaving a bitter cherry note behind." From Sue's notes.

La Mancha is a Spanish wine (probably a DUH from anyone who read Don Quixote in high school) and is one of the largest wine making areas in the world!
This is a June wine club selection and one I may have saved, if my wine cellar wasn't hidden by boxes as we try to sell the house. I'm still learning about Tempranillos and rather enjoy them. This one is very cherry, especially day 2. I am enjoying it, but I'm not sure I'd seek it out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment