Saturday, August 31, 2013

Oh We Got Trouble!

As a going away present, our good friends gave us 2 bottles of wine. As I'm still trying to save my "good" wine, I debate before opening the bottles I have left (we don't get paid until the end of September, so it's not like I can run out & pick up more!) Yet, last night, the Troublemaker called to me. Perhaps it was because Diane had opened a bottle earlier this week and posted about it on Pinterest. Perhaps it was because I wanted to share with my Mother in Law and her sister. Perhaps it was to celebrate my first week at my new job. Whatever the reason, I certainly enjoyed it!

This is a great red blend from Austin Hope & Hope Family Wines. I've enjoyed wines from them in the past (their Liberty line). This does not disappoint. Fruity, full bodied and a grape-y finish, even my mother in law liked it (she's more of a sweet wine drinker). This is mostly Syrah and Grenache, with Mourvèdre, Zinfandel and Petite Sirah for balance.

The 2nd glass was a little better as the wine had a chance to breathe.

As this was a gift, I'm more than certain it is a splurge. But definitely worth it. I plan to look for this once we are settled!

No comments:

Post a Comment