Friday, September 27, 2013

Finca Don Cano Cabernet Sauvignon

It's been a long week. Heck, it's been a long couple of months. But our time as transients is coming to a close. We signed the closing documents on our house in Billings today. We close on our Brookings home on Wednesday. This is our last weekend in Watertown. Next weekend we will be in our house, unpacking boxes and cheering on the Jackrabbits at the Hobo Day football game (homecoming). Even better we are just a few short days away from our first pay checks in about 2 months! Which means, I'll be able to get more wine and so why not just drink what I've got?

Last night I opened this Cabernet Sauvignon, a 2010 from Mendoza, Argentina. I am very impressed with this region. I have yet to be disappointed in any of the selections from there. This is a solid, full bodied Cabernet, deep ruby red with purplish hues. Red & black berry aromas and a bit of a peppery taste. The label claims a "wild personality." It's a dry Cab and I think it would be good with some cheesy or spicy appetizers.

I believe this was a wine club, so I'm going to call it a splurge. I don't know that I would seek this out again, bit if I saw it on sale, I'd most likely pick up a bottle or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment