Monday, October 28, 2013

Outcast, Steele Wines

This is a beautiful red blend: 51% Syrah,23% Zinfandel, 11% Petite Sirah, 7% Merlot, 5% Malbec 3% Petite Verdot and is brimming with black raspberry, cherry and plummy fruit with hints of mocha, cedar-y perfume and black pepper spice. The final pepper spice gives it a short finish, which of course, begs you to reach for your glass again. I have enjoyed this on it's own and with beef nachos. It was perfect.
 
This was a gift from my wonderful friend Diane (and I wish I could have enjoyed it with her!), so I know it's a splurge. However, it is definitely worth the splurge and I plan to add another bottle to my cellar soon.
 
Steele Winery is located in Lake County California, which is an area of great wines and few tourists! As they do not see as many people as other northern Califonia wine areas, they are the "Outcasts." Pretty sure this would be on my must visit lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment