Wednesday, December 4, 2013

J Lohr Chardonnay

I've said it before: never say you don't like a certain grape; eventually, you will end up eating, re, drinking those words. For a long time, I would say I don't like Chardonnays. Too oaky, or steel-y. The grape, I think, tends to take on a lot of characteristics of the barrel. But joining the wine club in Billings really helped me expand my palate and now I'm more willing to try those grape I swore I didn't like. And here I am enjoying a beautiful, oaky, buttery Chardonnay.

J Lohr has a Brookings connection (SDSU alum) and it's easy to find a great selection of his wines here in town. 

This Chardonnay has great pear & apple aromas. It has a wonderful lingering smooth oaky finish. This is a bit of a splurge as it is between $14-$20/bottle. But very worth the splurge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment