Sunday, January 19, 2014

Le Grand Pinot Noir

This is how I started & ended my weekend!!


I have enjoyed the Le Grand Noirs in the past. I picked up the Pinot help fill up my new wine fridge (post will be coming) and I had set the temp for reds. This Pinot is spicy, a little mix of cherry & raspberries. It was a great match for my Lindt sea salt chocolate the other night & the mix of popcorn chicken, broccoli and Hawaiian style pizza!


I believe this was around $12 at Hy-Vee, so slightly above my threshold, though I think I need to change my thought process on a "splurge." Finding wines under $10 here without doing a lot of duplication is tricky. The selection in Brookings is somewhat limited and I'd rather not turn this into a blog about just Flip Flop and Barefoot wines (as much as I enjoy them, that would get a tad old).


I would definitely purchase this one again. The Le Grand Noirs are easy, enjoyable & affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment