Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wine Club 2nd Selection @winc

Sometimes, the occasion calls for a sparkling wine to celebrate something awesome. And sometimes you just want a sparking wine just because. I was excited to see a sparkling wine in my first Winc selections as it's always nice to have a sparkling wine just for that 2nd reason.

I must admit that I'm no longer intimidated by a sparkling wine cork and I think I'm getting pretty good at getting that nice "Pop" without wine going everywhere. This is the 2015 WKND Chenin Blanc. When I first popped the cork, I got strong grapefruit flavor. As it sat a bit, banana and pineapple joined the flavor profile. The bubbles are awesome: long-lasting and great mouth-feel. A nice long finish. This is a Prosecco-style American wine.

This is a nice wine, but a little tart with the strong grapefruit start. As I'm not a fan of grapefruit (I've tried, I've tried, but I just haven't found a way to enjoy that particular tart), I'm not sure this would make it back on my list of choices in the club. I will be looking for another sparkling WKND in my next selections.







No comments:

Post a Comment