Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Salmon & Trout

New month, new wine club selections and another wine from "The Pairing Collection." (See Chicken & Turkey) this time it's a white Bordeaux, Sauvignon Blanc & Semillon blend. The wine has a tropical feel, taste (the bottle mentions grapefruit and apricots) and this time I actually ate it with one of the recommendations: salmon. I made an orange/honey glaze for the salmon. Rocky and I enjoyed the salmon and I think the glaze really brought out the tropical feel of the wine.

I wish I had looked closer at the Chicken & Turkey bottle as this one has a recipe for pecan crusted salmon (or trout).

I didn't check to see what Simply Wine is selling it for, but a quick web search shows it between $8 - $12. I think I would buy this again. It might be fun to do a tasting with all of the varieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment