Thursday, September 11, 2014

Wanderlust White, Outdoor Vino

A couple of years ago, my good wine buddy Diane introduced me to Outdoor Vino (part of the Naked Winery), which she found on a trip to her brother's in Rapid City (they have tasting rooms in Hill City & Custer, SD -- perhaps next summer, we'll make a trip to the Black Hills & visit them!. The plastic bottle is unusual, and is keeping with my willingness to try wines in vessels other than the traditional glass bottle. The plastic is light weight and recyclable (which is great as we have curbside recycling here in Brookings).

I haven't been able to find any Outdoor Vino in Brookings but finally found it at my new favorite wine store in Sioux Falls (Little Cellars Wine Company -- more on them later as I recently signed up for their club). Last trip to SF, I picked up this Wanderlust White, a crisp, slightly sweet wine; a hint of apple and honey, perfect for a warm summer evening on the deck. Or sitting inside watching "Captain America, Winter Soldier" because it's too cold to actually be ON the deck this early September evening.

A bottle runs a little under $20. Great value. I plan to contine picking up bottles each trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment