Monday, January 12, 2015

Summerland Sauvignon Blanc

It's bitter cold these past 2 weeks. Yet each time I've gone to the wine fridge, I've selected a white: best served chilled and one that makes me long to sit on the deck and watch the sky turn from light blue to deep purple. Perhaps it's my subconscious wishing for warmer weather. Or maybe I'm just grabbing the first bottle within reach.

This is a great Sauvignon Blanc from my wine club. Citrus and apple flavors lead the palate and I can really detect the steel -- especially after the bottle spent the night in the fridge. It's a little harsh with the wine so cold though I suspect the harshness will subside as the wine warms up.

Summerland is a Central California coast winery. They do have a wine club as well, and if South Dakota ever joins the 21st century, this is one I'd love to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment