Monday, July 29, 2013

Old Vine Malbec, Mendoza Argentina


Another Mendoza Argentina Malbec. Okay, I have to admit, this is probably my new favorite wine (see here and here). I may even start seeking it out as after August, I will not be able to have Sue from Simply Wine hand pick these for me any longer! There is character in these wines -- rich, full, inviting. Great for that Tuesday  evening after work or for sharing with friends.

These vines have been around for a long long time. From this bottle:

Malbec has thrived in Argentina since the 1800s when cuttings were transplanted from their original home in France. Now considered amongst the world's most distinguished red wines, Malbec flourishes in Mendoza.  Argentina's most lightly respected vignerons supply Diseno Malbec from old growth vineyards in Mendoza. Vines grown in fertile soil rich with old mineral deposits, irrigated by heavy winter snow melts from the Andes glaciers. Diseno Malbec is a rich wine with an inviting bouquet of stone fruit. A hint of coffee complements the blueberry, spice and chocolate flavors.

I can't remember if this was part of wine club or one that Diane got for me, but a quick online search shows a bottle right around $10, give or take. And because I'm such a fan, I'm not going to call this a splurge!


No comments:

Post a Comment