Thursday, July 11, 2013

Santa Julia Malbec

Almost half way through the month and I FINALLY pick up wine club. As we also picked up steaks, I had two pretty good wines to choose from. The first I was tempted to open was a Pinot Noir from Murphy Goode. I, however, opted for the Santa Julia + Malbec as I thought it would go better with the steak. I think it was the right choice. Full bodied, fruity with a spicy finish, complimented the Wildtree Rancher Rub I used on the steaks.

This is part of their Eco-Friendly line; the family has long been a part of working towards sustainability and land preservation.

Of course this is another great choice from Argentina. The online price is under $10 every where I look and the 2010 vintage was a "Bulk Buy" recommendation by Reverse Wine Snob in 2011. I think I would have to agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment