Monday, July 22, 2013

Saturday Evening Wines

Saturday evening, we went out with our friends Tim & Diane to celebrate our upcoming move to SD. We met them through our church and Diane & I became friends because of our mutual love of wine (I'm sure there are other reasons, but most of our get together a do involve wine!). We enjoyed 3 bottles -- LaCrema Chardonnay, Peirano Estate The Other Red (a blend), and Candor Merlot
I'm not typically a fan of Chardonnays, but I really enjoyed this one. It was buttery and not too oaky.
The Other Red is a long time favorite of mine, even if I don't have it often: Cabernet, Merlot & Syrah blend. Smooth and full bodied. It went really well with my dinner choice of bacon wrapped scallops and mozzarella salad. (and there's Tim with the photo bomb!)

A nice Merlot. I have to admit that at this point, I don't really remember much about this wine. I do remember it was a nice smooth wine.

These were great wines and went well with our celebration. All are splurge wines, but as this was a celebration, it is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment